A Victorian Valentine's Day - Tweaked


Preparing for Valentine's Day? Being homebound I have the opportunity to read, and I have sure been enjoying re-educating myself. I have been reading Sarah Ban Breathnach's 'Traditions'. My daughter had bought this year's ago at the Dollar Tree, and knew she had found a treasure. At first she was going to use the pictures for crafting and scrapbooking, but as we began to read it,that plan was pitched.
I am loving learning and trying to revive Victorian Family Celebrations. We have always loved tweaking traditions to fit our home and establishing new ones. This source book has sparked new creativity in our homelife. But about Valentine's Day, the various ideas for Valentine's are divine. You might want to see if the library has a copy of this delightful book. Each month is covered with poetry, history, ideas, and pictures that will delight.

See more on this author and her work by visiting her official website.

Comments

Writer said…
This sounds like an exciting book to find. It is always good to have a book that has traditions that most of us celebrate. I am going to check out our local library.
I am from the TOS Crew and am now following you. I'm looking forward to reading more posts. Thank you!
www.indoorgardenmusings.blogspot.com