Sounds of Hope

The week has started out difficult as I try to wrap my head around all that is happening in my body and thus in my life. So much of it out of any of my own control.
I found myself angry today when I happened to be watching a cheesy homemaker show that was supposed to be Christian. A guest, who had survived Cancer, was marketing herself and her recipes, etc... She was talking away when, in a tone that made me cringe, said something along the lines of "Well, you know, as your body is so are you spiritually". I was angry and hurt. Not good feelings rather you believe that statement or not. I was searching for what truth could I gather from Scripture.
I know that my attitude and spiritual temperament of each moment effect my body, but I do not think it is the reason/cause that I and others have endured so much. I have made it my goal to daily stay Christ centered, and have prayed that daily Jesus would be seen shining from my life. This lady's statement cut me to the core. Even worse is that she did it in the name of God and was getting paid! As one who suffers from chronic and genetic illness, I share this:

Enough! For the TRUTH:
Psalm 31:24 "Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord."
John 9:3 "Neither this man nor his parents sinned", said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life."

These and other verses speak truth. Be sure you compare all you hear to scripture!
Now, I share this sound of hope that helps me daily:

Comments

Heidi said…
That would have angered me as well, Becky. People need to think before they speak sometimes. I know that I, too, am guilty of that. Having survived cancer, though, she should know better!
Love this song. Thanks for sharing.
HUGS!
Ring Leader said…
(((HUG)))) Becky, it's sad isn't it when people say things without really thinking them through or checking scripture. If her statement was true - why did Job suffer??? Anyways, just wanted to give you a hug and thank you for continuing to write on your blog. I am encouraged by your stedfast faith and trust in Jesus!
mary grace said…
Ugh! How maddening! How on earth is that supposed to convey Christ? ((hugs))