2010 Gratitude - Pretty in Pink

Well, I am having one blog defect after another today. If this posts ok, then we have something to be very thankful for, after several began to post after one word! I am scared to push the keys, but will try and carry on....



I am thankful today for "Pretty in Pink" moments. My daughter and I have a great relationship. We love to watch 'chick' flicks and old 80's movies together. Saturday afternoons have of late brought such moments. We sit going through mounds of papers, that have accumulated over the years, while having such a movie on. We gab and laugh over our antics and stories. We have fun with the fashions and decor, gathering ideas and laughing at the mistakes of yesteryear. We always are sure to have a drink and snack. Her brother always makes sure he is outside playing! I usually end up spilling some story from the past, like when her Mom and Dad were young college kids. Its odd to realize she is now as old as we were when we got engaged! These moments are good for the soul. Laughter truly is a good medicine. I am so glad that while she allows me to still be "mom" she has also embraced me as friend. She expands my knowledge of today's world while sharing my past. She challenges me. I for one, think that all of this is marvelous, and hope we have many more pink moments ahead!

Comments

Michelle Smith said…
Becky, you and your daughter have such a sweet relationship. May you both continue to bless one another for many, many years! :)
SisterTipster said…
Love your pic~thanks for sharing! HAve a great weekend too! hugs!
Lisa said…
Enjoy the time while she is still living at home, they grow up way to fast. You remind me of me and my oldest daughter.
That's beautiful. I'm so glad she is such a dear daughter.