Flashback Friday Meme - Friend Memories




Best Friend Memories for "Flashback Friday"
For the Meme "Flashback Friday", we were asked:
Who was your first friend? Did you have lots of friends when you were growing up or just one or two close friends? Share memories from your childhood friends. For women, were "mean girls" an issue when you were growing up? Or were you a "mean girl"?! How did your friends shape who you are today, for good or not-so-good? Do you still keep up with your childhood friends today? ~ From Mocha With Linda


My earliest memories are of Tanya and I. My daddy was a Minister and her parents were very active in our congregation. I was two years old than Tanya but we were best of friends. I can remember many adventures in her back yard. We loved summers when our Mom's would let us have sleep over's often. We lived in a very rural area of Ohio in the 70's. We had room to run and pretend. we loved recreating "Little House" or pretending our cool bikes were trans am's and corvettes. Then off we would go cruising and pretending to meet up the Hardy Boys, lol. What mystery would we solve today?

The adventures like these stopped when it was time for Daddy to move on. My family was heading out west to Oklahoma. The new "episodes" involved letter writing and phone calls. Our families stayed in touch and we would visit one another a few times.
Our dreams became reality as she stood beside me at my wedding 21 years ago. I attended her wedding two years later and helped her as she prepared for that special day. I could not be in her wedding because I was very pregnant with her God daughter!
Over the past 21 years of married life, we have been there off and on for each other.
recently, for a few years, we grew apart. We even lost touch. Last Christmas, to our joy, we stumbled upon each other through FB and reconnected by email and snail mail. We are still in the process of rebuilding that friendship. I am excited to see what adventures and mysteries lie ahead as we enter new seasons of life and watch our children creating their own!

Comments

Another Nancy Drew wanna-be! LOL

I enjoyed reading about your friendship with Tanya, and I'm glad you two have reconnected.