Update for 2010 Challenge


How are you doing on our 2010 Challenge? Wandering what I am speaking of? Click on the title in the sidebar and read on my friends. The challenge is to help us keep in focus that which truly matters, in a time where the road seems to be all uphill. How am I doing? I find that I sadly allowed my health issues to cloud my days. I have sadly been so focused on my physical needs with tests, appointments and more than twenty pills a day. I realized last night that I was spending less time in quiet listening, less time in active talking/praying, and less time praising. When humbly looking at the week He had brought me through, I realized painfully, that my life had not been lived this past week in the worshipful way I would desire. How relieved I was to feel His presence nevertheless. Thankfully, He was always present and had carried my weary body up the hills of every day.

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and not that of yourselves... Eph. 2:8

Comments

Hi Becky. Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and praying for you today. Hope you are feeling better soon. ((gentle hugs)) ~ Jodi from the TOS Crew
Heather said…
Saw on the forum you were having an especially hard time. I am so sorry. We will be praying for you!! I enjoyed your post and pray that you have a strong awareness of God's presence and some physical relief this week!
Becky,

Just stopping by to let you know that you are in many prayers and lots of love is being sent your way today. Hoping and praying that the Lord will give you strength.

This is a passage of Scripture that always brings me comfort during flares of my chronic illness: Jeremiah 30:12, 13, and 17a: ". . . Your affliction is incurable, your wound is severe. There is no one to pleade your cause, that you may be bound up; you have no healing medicines. . . For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds, says the Lord. . ."

Even if my body is weak, my soul can rejoice in the Lord.

Praying for you and sending lots of hugs, prayers, and love your way.

Lisa C. from the Crew
www.homesteadblogger.com/wyldhousehomestead
Debbie said…
Thank you for your reminder on Whom to focus. I am praying for your improved health and God's blessings on your life.