Holiday Lesson Plans and Tips-Free Resources
I hope this post finds you healthy and excited about the upcoming Holiday Season. Many are "dreading" this season, so I hear and read. This saddens me. The Holidays are a time of family and love. They are a time to reflect upon our blessings. Despite the current world we do have blessings to celebrate. I hope you will join my "Harvest of Blessings" post listing where I will be listing daily blessings and asking you to do the same.
With some creativity and frugality we can make this Holiday Season the most special our family has ever had! Let us first turn our hearts to why we celebrate. Then turn to your loved ones and thank God for them. Remember that you are blessed to have them in your life this Holiday! Then, visit these links for some resources and tips as you plan for the Holiday's and for your lessons. Maybe they will spark a few new ideas of your own! If they do, please come back and share with us. Link us to your blog or site as well. If you are celebrating Hanukkah I have also included some links for you.
THANKSGIVING TIPS, RESOURCES AND LESSON PLANS:
*For those of us with disabilities, here is an article about not letting them stand in the way of a beautiful Holiday. Some good reminders in the article. http://disabilities.suite101.com/article.cfm/thanksgiving_tips
* Just about every idea you can imagine! A favorite -if you are going to bookmark just one, let this be it! http://familyfun.go.com/
* Large amount of links from this site http://www.teachervision.fen.com/hanukkah/teacher-resources/6627.html
*A lot of sites refer to the A to Z Teacher Website for Hanukkah lesson plan resources.
*This site is from the Jewish Outreach Institute
*Grapevine Studies currently has on sale their study of "Biblical Feasts and Holy Days". Some members of the TOS Homeschool Crew reviewed this study, visit the blog.
LESSON PLANS FOR A CHRISTMAS CAROL
* Be sure and check your library for copies of this tale. Also, Disney is releasing a new 3D Animated version in theaters. You could compare and contrast!
CHRISTMAS LESSON PLANS and HOLIDAY TIPS
* http://www.thinkfinity.org/holidays.aspx This site offers holiday lesson plans, interactive activities,book lists and resources to make this season rich and rewarding both in the home and classroom.
* Molly has great ideas for frugality at her site Econobusters.http://www.econobusters.com/
*Grapevine Studies has a lot of their studies (three pages) related to the birth of Jesus, on sale.
Well, despite the length of this list, this is obviously only the beginning! Remember, you can't use all the good ideas. Plan a few traditions and plan a few new activities to enjoy. Just be to sure to plan so that you can relax and enjoy the blessings! For planning tips, many of these sites offer articles and tips. Be sure and download your free TOS Holiday Supplement available on this blog and at TOS. Have a blessed Holiday Season!