Review: Someplace Called Special




What an honor and blessing to review "Someplace Called Special", a new E- Book from TOS. As I read the stories from ten families, I was once again reassured we too have made the right choice. I hope you will read this book that shares hope! You will follow families as they make the heart-felt, heart-led decision to bring their children home to learn. You will see the rewards of determination fueled by hope, love and faith. Every child is special, every home is special. We CAN learn and grow despite the challenges life may bring. In fact, these challenges in themselves, bring learning experiences that could never be achieved in other learning environments. I know personally, that when one is given room to spread their wings and fly, one can soar to heights never before thought achievable.

This book contains ten real life stories from parents of special needs children. Each story comes from various backgrounds and current life situations. The parents lovingly share their stories, in very honest terms. Some have special needs themselves. Condition such as ADHD, Dyslexia, Gifted, Lupus, Asperger's, Autism, and others are addressed. Included is a list of "Ten Reasons to Homeschool Your Child With Special Needs". The appendix brings a welcome segment, " The Good, The Bad, & The Blunt: Answers to Common Questions". I found myself remembering once asking many of these questions myself! The answers come from the authors themselves, from their own experience. The question of IEP's is also addressed. Another great feature of this E-Book is that there is a glossary included. Unsure of a condition or disorder a family is dealing with, click on the title and you will be taken to information in the Glossary. Included in most of the stories, are resources that families found useful. I wish I had this resource when I was starting out ten years ago! What an encouragement this book will be to many, as well as, a filled resource!

As I share on my blog: There is Hope! Each of us are fearfully and wonderfully made! I pray God's guidance as you seek His will for you and your children. We each have a purpose and it will be fulfilled. There is purpose in each design! I wholeheartedly recommend this E-Book for any family, as we face challenges and need the gentle reminder that we can complete this marvelous journey of Homeschooling. You cannot help but be inspired!

Comments